Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Administrator
Cameron Kasky Biography
Cameron Kasky is an American activist and advocate against gun violence. He co-founded the student-lead Gun Violence Prevention advocacy group Never Again MSD. He is a survivor of the February 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
He is notable for helping to organize the March for Our Lives nationwide student protest in March 2018.
Cameron Kasky Age
He was born on November 11, 2000, in Hollywood, Florida, U.S.
Cameron Kasky Height
He is of average height. The exact measure of his height is not stated as of March 2019.
Cameron Kasky Father
His father’s name is Jeff Kasky.
Cameron Kasky Mother
His mother’s name is not available. Once available, we will keep you posted.
Cameron Kasky Brother
His brother’s name is Holden Kasky. His brother is also a survivor of the shooting.
Cameron Kasky College | School
He was a student, a theatre kid and a former member in the drama club at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. At the time of the school shooting, he was a junior at his school. He had just left drama class and after picking his younger brother from a different classroom and the fire alarm sounded after they exited the school. They were instructed to go back inside with the other students where they waited for an hour until they were rescued.
After the shooting incident, he brought several friends to his house and they founded Never Again MSD, a student-led gun control advocacy group. He came up with the name Never Again as they stayed up to make plans. Their group works to create a national movement against gun violence. This included an effort to publicize legislators receiving money from the NRA and persuading people not to vote for them.
Cameron Kasky March For Our Lives
This promoted and led a massive rally called March for Our Lives in Washington, DC, on March 24, 2018. It was his idea along with David Hogg, Emma Gonzalez, and many others to found the activist group.
Cameron Kasky Marco Rubio
At a televised “Stand Up” town hall session, he asked Senator Marco Rubio whether he would continue receiving money from the National Rifle Association which the Senator responded by saying that he will always accept the help of anyone who agrees with his agenda.
Cameron Kasky Cnn
He wrote an op-ed on the CNN website describing the events of the massacre and his reaction to it.
Cameron Kasky Gun Control
He is known for gun control advocacy, he founded Never Again MSD with his friends. This group works to create a national movement against gun violence.
Cameron Kasky Ben Shapiro
Kasky: “One of the lessons I’ve learned since starting MFOL, and this was a difficult one to grasp, is that surprisingly enough I don’t know everything. As a 17-year old boy who thought he knew everything – that threw me for a loop.
This summer I was in Texas, as a part of MFOL efforts. I spoke to some people and realized that maybe the people who disagree with me…don’t want the country to be a bad place. Maybe they just have different views.
Prior to this, my mindset and perhaps being brought up in a bit of a bubble, had me believing that anyone who didn’t agree with me had malcontent. That people who didn’t agree with me on gun laws simply didn’t care that kids died…and that’s certainly not the case.
So I thought to myself…how do we engage with a passionate younger generation who often has a lack of information and civility? To make this polarized world a much better place for our future.”
Kasky started an organization called Middle Ground – to help different sides of issues come to better understanding and exchanges on views. Then to seek to find common areas of agreement or compromise to start moving this country into a more positive future.
I was particularly impressed with his insight:
Cameron Kasky Quotes
- Feel pain, grieve, be hurt and embrace it… but never give up hope. Things will be better. The world will be better.
- No, it’s not my job to police comedy just because I find it offensive. Comedy is supposed to be offensive. My feelings have no place in it. Yes, Louis is an ass for the jokes he’s making which sucks cause he used to be really funny and not just a professional jerk.
Trans boys and girls all around the world- don’t let anybody tell you that you’re not perfect just because you’re being who you are. Keep on going— embrace yourself. You are beautiful no matter what.
- We can fix the political system, we do not have to surrender to dirty, awful politics.
- We can march, we can bring our politicians into a new light and make sure they are being held accountable, but at the end of the day, real change is brought from voting, too often voting is shrugged off as nothing in our country.
- Every politician should get the message that if they keep being the NRA’s puppets, then they’ll never get elected again, this is not an attack on the second amendment. This is simply a discussion about making buying a weapon of war something that isn’t so easy. … If that’s too much to ask then this isn’t a democracy.