Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Administrator
Michael Horton Biography
Michael Horton (theologian) (Born Michael Scott Horton) is the J. Gresham Machen Professor of Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California since 1998, Editor-in-Chief of Modern Reformation (MR) magazine, and President and host of the nationally syndicated radio broadcast, The White Horse Inn.
Michael Horton Age
Michael Scott Horton was born on May 11, 1964.
Michael Horton Education|Michael Horton Theology
He attended and received a B.A. degree at Biola University. He learned Biblical Hebrew and Koine Greek, and studied under Meredith Kline. He was impressed by the important concepts put forward by Kline, Robert Strimple, Robert Godfrey, and Dennis Johnson. He received his Ph.D. from Wycliffe Hall, Oxford through Coventry University; and completed a Research Fellowship at Yale Divinity School.
He was ordained a deacon in the Reformed Episcopal Church. He was formerly the president of Christians United for Reformation (CURE), which later merged to become the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals (ACE).
He is also an ordained minister in the United Reformed Churches in North America (URCNA), and has served at two churches in Southern California, and was also the Associate Pastor at Christ United Reformed Church in Santee, California, a URCNA member church. He is now a member of the Escondido United Reformed Church.
In 1996 Christianity Today included him on their list of “Up & Comers: Fifty evangelical leaders 40 and under.”
Michael Horton Wife
He is married to his wife Lisa and they have four children together. They currently reside in Escondido, California.
Michael Horton Books
He has authored many books including:
- he Agony of Deceit: What Some TV Preachers Are Really Teaching(1990)
- Putting Amazing Back Into Grace (1991)
- Beyond Culture Wars: Is America A Mission Field or Battlefield? (1994)
- Where In The World Is The Church: Understanding Culture & Your Role In It (1995)
- Power Religion: The Selling Out of The Evangelical Church, edited with Charles Colson (1997)
- Made In America: The Shaping of Modern American Evangelicalism (1998)
- We Believe: Recovering the Essentials of the Apostle’s Creed (1998)
- Covenant and Eschatology (2002)
- A Better Way: Rediscovering the Drama of God-Centered Worship (2003)
- The Law of Perfect Freedom (2004)
- Lord and Servant: A Covenant Christology (2005)
- Covenant & Salvation: Union with Christ (2007)
- Christless Christianity: The Alternative Gospel of the American Church (2008)
- People and Place: A Covenant Ecclesiology (2008; 2009 Christianity Today Book Award in Theology/Ethics)
- Too Good to be True: Finding Hope in a World of Hype (2009)
- God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology (2009)
- The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World (2009)
- The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way (2011)
- Pilgrim Theology: Core Doctrine for Christian Disciples (2011)
- For Calvinism, with Maurice England (2011)
- The Gospel Commission (2012)
- Calvin on the Christian Life: Glorifying and Enjoying God Forever, Theologians on the Christian Life, 2014.
- Justification (2 Vols), New Studies in Dogmatics, 2018, ISBN 0310597250.